Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Could I do this everyday?

After a long 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. convergence reporting shift at KOMU today, my thoughts on my future in journalism are unchanged - and unclear. I went into the newsroom doubting my ability to produce a quality package in one dayside shift and I still feel the same way. I am, however, really excited to be able to finally do work at a broadcast station and feel like I could put together some decent packages under deadline in the near future. I suppose, if I concluded on anything today, it's that I wouldn't be satisfied just taking pictures and writing captions. I'd love to get more involved in the story, really dig deep into the gist of the piece, interview the sources, shoot, edit and produce it all. There's a certain level of gratification and connection with the story that I missed, by attending to the Nikon alone. I have to thank Ciara Corley, the dayside reporter whom I tagged along with today, for letting me help shoot her standup and a few broll shots. Her standup even got some praise for doing it on a moving Columbia Transit bus.

Please check out my photo slideshow from my shift today! http://www.komu.com/KOMU/d7e2017e-80ce-18b5-00fa-0004d8d229cb/d3d12645-c0a8-4612-017d-8e5a568a2ebe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment